As we begin another school year, we at Juniata Valley would like to share with you some important information regarding the start of the school year and some of the necessary guidelines we will need to follow to ensure a safe but enjoyable school year for all.
As we all know the Pandemic has been a very stressful time in education and we will continue to strive to make your child’s educational experience positive and rewarding.
For the 2021-2022 school year, the following guidelines will be in place at JVSD and are subject to change in compliance with Department of Health and Education mandates and requirements.
• Masking will be optional of all students, staff and teachers inside the school building and
• Masking will be required for all students, staff, and drivers on all school district transportation. This includes:
o School Buses to and from school
o Vans to and from school
o Extracurricular/field trip buses/vans to and from events
• Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People with No COVID-19 Symptoms After Exposure to someone with Suspected or Confirmed COVID-19:
An individual is considered fully vaccinated when 2 or more weeks have passed after the
receipt of the second dose in a 2-dose vaccine series, or 2 or more weeks have passed
after receipt of one dose of a single-dose vaccine.
o Fully vaccinated individuals will not be subject to quarantine procedures if they can
provide proof of vaccination status.
o Fully vaccinated people should be tested 2-5 days following close contact with someone
with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 and wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14
days or until they receive a negative test result, and isolate if they test positive or
• Recommendations for Individuals who are not fully vaccinated:
o Individuals who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and are identified as close
contact of a COVID-19 case must quarantine for 14 days.
• The following are options to shorten the 14-day quarantine:
o Quarantine can end after Day 10 without testing and if no symptoms have
been reported during daily monitoring. However, it is recommended that
symptom monitoring continue through Day 14.
• Recommendations for individuals testing positive for COVID-19:
o Persons who have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 3 months and recovered
do not have to quarantine or get tested again as long as they do not develop new
o Individuals that have tested positive must isolate from the school setting for 10 days and
will be allowed to return once they are symptom free.
• Parent/Guardian Student Pick-up/Drop-off Procedures:
o The district Pick-up/Drop-off Procedures will remain the same as the 2020-2021
school year. Please review the following video link to review this procedure.
o Morning Parent Drop-Off Procedure
o Afternoon Parent Pick-Up Procedure
• All school Breakfast and Lunch meals will continue to be provided at no cost. All a-la-carte items will need to be purchased through the student lunch account.
• Parents/Guardians should log onto Skyward for bus stops and approximate pick-up times.
• Parents/Guardians should contact their child(s) school with any additional questions.
Elementary School @ 814-669-4422 and Jr./Sr. High School @ 814-669-4401
Juniata Valley Administration