Rental of School Property
The Juniata Valley School District invites bids on approximately 14 acres of tillable land adjacent to the Juniata Valley School District, for the purpose of general farming. Contract would begin January 2019 and run for three years. Bids shall be submitted to the Superintendent of Schools, P. O. Box 318, 7775 Juniata Valley Pike, Alexandria, PA 16611, on or before 4:00 p.m. June 27, 2018. The bid should be on the entire tract of land available for farming, rather than a per acre basis.
The following conditions will govern the use of the land and shall constitute an agreement between the successful bidder and the owner, the Juniata Valley School District:
I. The successful bidder shall agree to pay the rental on or before February 1 in advance for each year.
1. The successful bidder shall agree to obtain from the Soil Conservation Service the soil plan for this plot and shall abide by the same.
2. The land shall not be used for grazing of cattle or for any purpose, which in the opinion of school authorities may be hazardous to children using adjacent play or athletic areas.
3. The school district shall be saved harmless on account of any damages arising out of the use of the land.
4. The land shall be returned to the school district at the end of the rental period in the same or better condition as it was at the beginning of the rental period.
5. No part of the land shall be sublet without prior approval of the school board.
6. The agreement between the successful bidder and the school board can be canceled by the school board upon reasonable notice and for just cause.
7. The user of the land shall be careful not to damage or obstruct any of the drains from the athletic field or any other trees or plantings in the immediate vicinity of the athletic field.
8. The length of the agreement will be for a term of 3 years, at which time the board will rebid the property using the same or similar guidelines.
9. The bidder shall stipulate in his bid any and all conditions, which may limit or govern the bid price.